Sunday, February 3, 2013

Around Town

Nicholas and Nelson showed us around the area today and took us back to Mulago Hospital. 

Walking through the town consists mostly of red dirt roads lined with small store and shacks with an occasional side walk. We're staying in the Wandegeya area, about a 20 minute walk from Mulago.




Marabou Storks in the sky. They kind of look like pterodactyls to me!


 The entrance to Mulago Hospital:



The Hospital itself. Here you'll also see Fatima, a little girl who followed us around the entire time. I think she was just curious to see foreigners but Nelson told us that there are some orphans who will follow you for miles asking for money.


 I thought this sign was particularly interesting. Most beds I saw were separated by 1-2 feet of space in a large, open room. Given the complete lack of private patient rooms, it was nice to see that there was some attempt at patient privacy.


Tonight Susan is taking us to see Ugandan entertainment (I think this means cultural dancing?) Tomorrow we start in the hospital. I'm excited to see what day to day life is like in the hospital! 

No comments:

Post a Comment