Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ndere Centre

I've been meaning to post these for a while.. the first full day we had Susan, our trip coordinator at Mulago, took us to a "cultural night" at the Ndere Centre. We saw a collection of Ugandan dances from the different tribes in Uganda. 




Below: Nile Gold, a local Ugandan beer-- light and refreshing! Chiapatti-- a Ugandan version of Roti bread/Chinese Chong You Bing.

African Drums

I've never seen dancers with as much energy as these! I wish I could have taped it because I don't think words could do it justice. 


Apparently the heaviest drums are 60-70 pounds. The dancers walk around with balanced on their heads while beating them and kicking.






These women were amazing! They had over 10 of these balanced on their heads at one point... while running.

This lady was amazing too.

Sorry for all the blurry pictures! Kinda hard to take these at night :)

1 comment:

  1. If it's at all possible to bring back some Ugandan beer for me that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete